This article provides Client VPN configuration instructions for the Datto Networking Appliance (DNA).
- Datto Networking Appliance (DNA)
1. On the Networks page, click the Client VPN option in the left pane. You will see the Client VPN card.
2. Enter the Shared Secret (password) of your choice. The password must be between 16 and 40 characters long.
3. Enter the subnet to assign to VPN users and select the appropriate option from the Subnet Mask drop-down menu.
4. Under Allow Access To, select the internal networks to whom you'd like to assign VPN users access. If you'd like external users to be able to access hosts on the remote side of the site-to-site tunnel, place checkmarks next to the corresponding network names under the Remote Sites heading.
5. Click the New User button to begin adding users.
6. With your users entered, select Yes under Enable Client VPN to activate Client VPN.
7. Click Save Changes to complete the process.
VPN performance limitations
The DNA has no set limitations on the number of clients that can connect via VPN at any time. However, performance for client connections are subject to the ISP resources and bandwidth available, as well as the size of the subnet in use.