A Datto access point fails its checkin with the error Cannot resolve default dashboard host name via DNS: firmware-ng will use the fallback IP instead.
- Datto Access Points
- The DNS server used for hostname resolution is failing to resolve the primary checkin server in a timely manner.
- Network congestion is impacting access point performance.
- Ensure that the primary DNS server used by the access point can resolve cloud_ap.cloudtrax.com.
- Configure alternate DNS server settings for the access point to use. Common DNS servers are 18.104.22.168 (Google) and OpenDNS.
- If the problem persists, contact Datto Technical Support.