When and why should you escalate a ticket?
This is very subjective, but is based on the priority, velocity, and impact of issues outlined in the ticket. In general, tickets should be escalated when ticket resolution has extended beyond what you feel comfortable with given the issue at hand, if the issue has an impact on the production environment that is not adequately being addressed, instances where you feel you are not getting the level of support that you expect to get when you contact Datto, or if there is a situation that is or could have a negative impact on your client relationship.
What “Escalation Channels” are available and when should I use each?
- You can email this distribution list at any time with concerns that you have regarding a ticket. This email is sent to all Support Supervisors, Managers, and the Escalations Team. These tickets are monitored by the Support Supervisor team and periodic internal communication is made to ensure proper assignment is in place and that the assigned technicians are working towards resolution.
- At the top left of most support tickets you will see a button that indicates the ability to escalate the ticket to the support team. This will, like sending an email to email@example.com, send and email to all Support Supervisors, Managers, and the Escalations Team. These tickets are monitored by the Support Supervisor team and periodic internal communication is made to ensure proper assignment is in place and that the assigned technicians are working towards resolution.
Sales and Partner Success
- You can reach out to your Sales or Partner Success Manager at anytime to escalate a ticket, concern, or situation that needs additional attention. These escalations are reported to the Escalations Team and will be monitored based on their priority. Lower priority tickets are monitored by the Partner Success and Support Management teams periodically and High/Urgent escalations are directly monitored by the Escalations Team. To get your Sales team contact information navigate to the Partner Portal Your Channel Manager's contact information is listed on the right hand side of the page under "My Sales Rep."
Alternatives to Escalation:
On the bottom right of every Knowledge Base page, you’ll see the button shown above, which will bring you to a help widget. This widget contains the following:
- The support chat is not a true “Escalation Channel,” but should there be an issue that you have general questions on or looking for an update on a known issue, it is a great place to start.
Open/View a Ticket:
- If you do not currently have a ticket open for one of your devices, here is a new place to open one. If you already have tickets opened in your fleet, here is where you can view and manage these tickets
Request a Call:
- With this option, should you want to request a callback from a support supervisor, this is the option you should choose. This will put a request in with an on-shift supervisor who will review the ticket and give you a call back.
- Much like the support chat, this is not so much an “Escalation Channel,” but can provide insights into known issues that you might experience. This board is updated periodically to include issues affecting different parts of the solution and can help in tracking their status. ‘Current Known Issues’ are ones that we have an internal case created and that we are actively working to resolve through our Engineering and Quality Assurance Departments.
Each of these “Escalation Channels” provides a different level of support and can be used at your discretion. We are continuously working to innovate and improve our process, so if you ever have any suggestions, please do not hesitate to let us know.