This article explains how to sync a RoundTrip NAS drive to a private node.
- RoundTrip NAS
- Datto Private Node
RoundTrip NAS units are a good option when there is a large amount of data to move. Syncing a RoundTrip NAS to a private node is similar to performing a device migration.
Establish a Connection
Datto recommends establishing a NIC-to-NIC connection between the NAS and the node for the fastest, most reliable connection. After establishing the NIC-to-NIC connection, you will sync the data using recvResume.
1. Connect to the private node and the RoundTrip NAS via SSH.
2. Set up a NIC-to-NIC connection by attaching a cable from one of the ports on the node to eth1 on the NAS. Remember, the source is the NAS, and the destination is the node.
Transfer the Data
3. Before starting the transfer, pause speedsync on the source Datto device:
speedsync pause transfer
4. On an SSH connection to the NAS:
5. Create a screen on the node in which to run the transfer:
screen -S synctoNode
6. Download the recvResume script:
wget http://supportFiles.datto.com/public/recvResume.sh; chmod +x recvResume.sh
7. Run the sync in Dry Run mode, using the login root / datto, to verify that it will run properly. To sync all agents:
./recvResume.sh -s [IP of RTnas] -l root --rt -o rtPool-[device id]/home -d dattoArray/[device id]/aurora-home -p -v -n -c
To sync a single agent:
./recvResume.sh -s [IP of RTnas] -l root -o rtPool-[device id]/home/agents/[agent ID] -d dattoArray/[deviceID]/aurora-home/agents/[agent ID] -p -v -n
8. After verifying that there were no issues with the dry run, start the sync in live mode, removing the -n from the command. Treat this with the same caution as a device migration in which there is already data on the destination.
To sync all agents:
./recvResume.sh -s [IP of RTnas] -l root --rt -o rt-[device id]/home -d dattoArray/[device id]/aurora-home -p -v
To sync a single agent:
./recvResume.sh -s [IP of RTnas] -l root -o rtPool-[device id]/home/agents/[agent ID] -d dattoArray/[deviceID]/aurora-home/agents/[agent ID] -p -v
9. When the transfer completes, re-run the sync command to make sure that all data on the node is up-to-date. Compare the datasets on the node against the datasets on the RoundTrip NAS.
10. Resume speedysnc operations on the source Datto device:
speedsync resume transfer speedsync refresh speedsync status