This article explains how to adjust the fan speed on the Datto SIRIS 3 X1 and X2.
SIRIS 3 X1 and X2 appliances have BIOS-based fan speed controls. You can adjust the speed of the appliance's fans to reduce noise, or to increase air circulation. Use caution when adjusting the appliance's fan speeds. Hardware warranties may be voided if the hard drives reach 60 degrees Celsius.
Configuring fans via BIOS
1. Connect a keyboard, monitor, and mouse to the Datto appliance, and reboot the device.
2. As the appliance boots, press the Delete key to enter the BIOS.
3. When prompted, type the BIOS password. Contact Datto Technical Support if you do not already have the password.
3. Access the Health tab of the BIOS, as shown in Figure 1, and change the CPU Fan Smart Mode from Automatic Mode to Manual Mode.
4. Select Manual PWM Setting, as shown in Figure 2, and adjust the fan speed to the desired setting. Press F10 to save and exit.