How do I change the fan speed on SIRIS 3 Business and Enterprise devices?
- Datto SIRIS 3 Business
- Datto SIRIS 3 Enterprise
You can use IPMI to adjust the fan speed on SIRIS 3 Business and SIRIS 3 Enterprise appliances to reduce noise or increase air circulation.
- Datto always recommends using the default fan settings (on most SIRIS devices, automatic or SMART. On SIRIS 3 Enterprise, no value lower than 40). If you change the fan speed to a different value, you must monitor the appliance's temperatures to ensure that they do not exceed safe thresholds.
- Use caution when adjusting appliance fan speeds. You may void the hardware warranty if the hard drives reach 60 degrees Celsius.
1. Log into the Datto appliance's IPMI.
2. In the IPMI user interface's left pane, click Properties, followed by Utilities, as shown in Figure 2.
3. Scroll down to Fan Configuration. Set your desired fan speed in the PWM offset field, and click Submit, as shown in Figure 3.