After you have completed the Service Side Scope Authorization, one of the final steps of the onboarding process is assigning licenses to end users on the domain. This is done through the Seat Management Dashboard.
After authorizing scopes, you - or the site administrator - will be taken to the Backupify Seat Management Dashboard which presents a list of all the users present on the domain, listed by email addresses.
Auto Add Enabled/Disabled
- You must first enable or disable Auto Add
- If you choose to Enable, Seat Management will automatically select ALL users under the domain for backing up, including shared and resource mailboxes, and will begin to back up those users’ services.
- Disabling Auto Add will activate the Seat Management Selection tool that allows you to select the users on the domain you would like to back up. For bulk adding, you can upload a CSV file with all relevant email addresses.
Seat Management Selection
- There are two sections where you can choose to start or stop backing up users. The top section displays your licensed users and the bottom your shared or resource mailboxes. Shared or resource mailboxes that have a license attached to them will be treated as licensed users.
- Once you have chosen the users to back up, Backupify will start backing up ONLY the users you specified. Other users who remain unselected will not be backed up and will not count against the domain’s license count. Users that are removed from being backed up also do not count against the domain's license count.
Adding and Removing Users Via CSV
- Create a CSV file that meets ALL of the following conditions:
- A header value in Row 1, Column 1. It can say anything, but it MUST be one word and lowercase (e.g., "email")
- The following rows in Column 1 should contain lowercase email addresses of the users to add. Backupify will automatically skip users that are already present
CSV files are limited to 2500 users, although you can add an additional file of users once this one is complete.
- Column 1 must only contain the header and email addresses, both completely lowercase. No empty cells or capital letters
- All email domains must match the domain name you are uploading for
- Click the Upload CSV button.
- Browse and select the CSV file with the list of users to add and follow instructions to create the accounts.
Converting Users to Shared Mailboxes and Vice Versa
- If you decide to convert a user to a shared mailbox or a shared mailbox to a licensed user, you do not have to re-add that user to Backupify. We will continue to back up your data appropriately.
Adding Custom Site Collections
See here for more details on adding Custom Site Collections.
To contact Backupify support, please click here to submit a Support Request, or give us a call:
Global: +1 (475) 288-1818