This article covers how to add an SMB NAS share that's hosted on your Datto Appliance to your Datto Drive implementation.
- A public or private NAS share
- A local installation of Datto Drive
- A created user account on the device
- Open the Share Wizard on your device and create a NAS Share. In this case, the share is "DattoDrive."
- Ensure that you have a local user account on the Datto device and that it has access to your SMB share if the share is going to be private.
- Launch Datto Drive Local via http://IP/dattodrive/ and change the IP to your own unit's IP address.
- Enable External Storage by signing in as an Administrator. Click the four button square in the upper right and scroll down to enable "External Storage" if it is not already.
- Configure your storage by clicking your name from the upper right and selecting the Admin option.
- Scroll to the External Storage App and configure your storage.
- Folder Name is what you want to call the Storage on your Datto Drive
- SMB/CIFS is the protocol used to view the data.
- Username/Password is your preferred authentication method
- Host is your Datto unit's IP address
- Share is the name of the share you created in Step 1
- Use the username and password you created in Step 2
- A green circle indicates your storage was connected successfully. Red means there was an error and yellow means that the connection is still trying.