This article discusses how to add custom site collections to SharePoint in SaaS Protection/Backupify for Office 365. You can use either the MS Office website to copy your sites, or you can use PowerShell to generate a CSV file.
Adding via MS Office website
To add a custom site collection to SharePoint via the Microsoft website:
- Log in to Office and click the Admin option.
- In the Admin panel, expand the Admin Centers section of the drop-down menu and select the SharePoint option.
- Select all addresses and copy them to your clipboard. The application will filter extraneous text, so it's okay to copy other text from the page.
- Log in to SaaS Protection/Backupify for Office 365 and click the Users button from the toolbar at the top.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Paste URLs from clipboard button.
- Paste the text into the box, and your sites will be added automatically.
Adding via PowerShell
To create custom site collections via PowerShell:
- Create a custom CSV file in PowerShell by issuing the following commands while authenticated to your SharePoint instance. This will create a CSV file with a single column called "URL," which is the only column necessary.
Add-PSSnapin "Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell" Get-SPWebApplication http://yourwebapp.com | Get-SPSite | Select Url | Out-Csv export.csv
- Log in to SaaS Protection/Backupify for Office 365 and click the Users button.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Upload button under CSV Site Collection Upload.
- Following the prompt, select the CSV file you just created and click Upload File.