How do I set up Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for Office 365?
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for Office 365
1. Sign into login.microsoftonline.com as a Global Administrator.
2. Open an additional incognito browser tab and browse to the backupify website, then click the Try it Free button at the top of the page.
3. Select Office 365, then choose the correct answer from the Are you a Global Admin drop-down.
4. On the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 signup screen, fill in the information requested. Once completed, click Sign Up.
Figure 4: The Backupify signup screen (click to enlarge)
5. On the Welcome screen, click Login to your trial account.
6. On the Log into Backupify page, enter the credentials you created into the Backupify Credentials section, and then click Log In.
7. The login process will redirect you to login.microsoft.com to complete the account authentication setup. Provide the Global Administrator account login credentials.
8. Grant Backupify access to the list of features by clicking Accept.
9. Once authenticated, the Backupify Onboarding wizard will display. Click Continue.
10. Select the appropriate storage region, then click Continue to complete the wizard.
11. The Backupify Seat Management page will display after completing the wizard. Depending on the size of your Active Directory, this page may take several minutes to load.
With Auto-Add disabled, search for the users you wish to back up in the Add Users field. Click the checkbox next to the user you selected, click Back up selected users, then click Confirm to perform a backup for that user.
You can also upload a CSV list of seated users or shared/resource mailboxes that Backupify will add or ignore, as well as add custom site collections for Sharepoint. For details on different seat management options, see Seat Management for Backupify for O365.
12. When finished, click Advance to Dashboard to navigate to the Backupify for Office 365 Dashboard. Backups of Office 365 will now begin for all selected users.