How do I set up Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for Office 365?
- Backupify 2.0 for Office 365
To sign up for Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for Office 365, you must have global administrator rights for the account you are protecting, as well as an active mailbox to receive notifications.
1. Log into login.microsoftonline.com as a Global Administrator.
2. Open an additional browser tab and browse to app.backupify.com. Select Start a free trial underneath the login window.
3. Select Office 365, then choose the correct answer from the Are you a Global Admin drop-down. Again, note that only a Global Admin can set up Backupify for their organization.
Upon clicking Next, the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 signup screen will display. Fill in the information requested. Once completed, click Sign Up.
5. On the next screen, click Login to your trial account.
6. On the Log in to Backupify page, enter the credentials you created into the Backupify Credentials section, and then click Log In.
7. The login process will direct you to login.microsoft.com to complete the account authentication setup. Provide the Global Administrator account login credentials.
8. Grant Backupify access to the list of features by clicking Accept.
9. Once authenticated, the Backupify Onboarding wizard will display. Click Continue.
10. Select the appropriate storage region, then click Continue to complete the wizard.
11. The Backupify Seat Management page will display after completing the wizard. Depending on the size of your Active Directory, this page may take several minutes to load.
With Auto-Add disabled, search for the users you wish to back up in the Add Users field. Click the checkbox for the user you selected, click Back up selected users, and then click Confirm to perform a backup for that user.
You can also upload a CSV list of you seated users or shared/resource mailboxes that Backupify will add or ignore, as well as add custom site collections for Sharepoint. For details on different seat management options, see Seat Management for Backupify for O365.
12. When finished, click Advance to Dashboard to navigate to the Backupify for Office 365 Dashboard. Backups of Office 365 will now begin for all selected users.