How do I set up Backupify 2.0 for Office 365?
- Backupify 2.0 for Office 365
To sign up for Backupify 2.0 for Office 365, you must have global administrator rights for the account you are protecting, as well as an active mailbox to receive notifications.
1. Open an incognito or private browsing session. From there, log into login.microsoftonline.com as a global admin.
Figure 1: Sign into O365 as a global admin
2. Open an additional browser tab and browse to app.backupify.com. Select Start a free trial underneath the login window.
Figure 2: Select Start a free trial
3. Select Office 365, then choose the correct answer from the Are you a Global Admin drop-down. Again, please note that only a Global Admin will be able to set up Backupify for their organization.
Figure 3: Verify Global Admin permissions
You will be directed to the Backupify signup screen. Fill in the information requested. Once completed click Sign Up.
Figure 4: Enter account details
5. On the next screen, click Login to your trial account.
Figure 5: Log into your trial account
6. On the Backupify Login Page, enter the credentials you created into the Backupify Credentials section.
Figure 6: Enter login credentials
7. You will be taken to login.microsoft.com to complete the account authentication setup. Provide the Global Administrator account login credentials.
Figure 7: login with your microsoft global admin account
8. Grant Backupify access to the list of features.
Figure 8: Grant feature access
9. Once authenticated, you will be directed to the Backupify Onboarding Wizard screen. Click Continue.
Figure 9: The Onboarding Wizard
10. Select the geographically appropriate storage region.
Figure 10: Select the storage region
11. You will be directed to the Backupify Seat Management screen. Depending on the size of your Active Directory, this page may take several minutes to load.
With Auto-Add disabled, search for the users you wish to back up in the Add Users field. Click the checkbox for the user you’ve selected, click Back up selected users, then Confirm to perform a backup for that user.
You can also upload a CSV list of seated users or shared/resource mailboxes to be either added or ignored, as well as add custom site collections for Sharepoint. For details on different seat management options, see Seat Management for Backupify for O365.
12. When finished, click Advance to Dashboard to go to the Backupify for Office 365 Dashboard. Backups of Office 365 will now begin for all selected users.
For further steps, or general support, visit our Office 365 2.0 knowledge base.