This article explains the direct customer process for signing up for and installing Backupify 2.0 for Office 365.
To sign up for Backupify 2.0 for Office 365, you must have global administrator rights for the account you are protecting, as well as an active mailbox to receive notifications.
1. Open an incognito or private browsing session. From there, log into login.microsoftonline.com as a global admin.
2. Open an additional browser tab and browse to app.backupify.com. Select Start a free trial underneath the login window.
3. Enter your email. This is the address you’ll use to log into Backupify, as well as the address which will receive Backupify mail.
4. The next screen shows a confirmation code that you will also receive in an email to the address you just entered. To proceed, click Start Free Trial Now!
5.Under Select Backupify Product, choose Office 365. Add your account details and click On to Backupify!
6. You will then be taken to login.microsoft.com to complete the account authentication setup. Provide the Global Administrator account login credentials and click Accept at the bottom to grant Backupify access to the list of features.
6. You will now see Backupify Seat Management screen. Depending on the size of your Active Directory, this page may take several minutes to load.
Auto-Add automatically backs up all users and resources in the Active Directory. Click disable to manually select which users and resources should be backed up during the initial setup. With Auto-Add disabled, search for the users you wish to back up in the Add Users field. Click the checkbox for the user you’ve selected, click Back up selected users, then Confirm to perform a backup for that user.
You can also upload a CSV list of seated users or shared/resource mailboxes to be either added or ignored, as well as add custom site collections for Sharepoint. For details on different seat management options, see Seat Management for Backupify for O365.
When finished, click Advance to Dashboard button to be brought to the Backupify for Office 365 Dashboard. Backups of Office 365 will now begin for all selected users.
For further steps, or general support, visit our knowledge base and search for Backupify O365.