This article will explore two search methodologies in Backupify 2.0 for Office 365.
- Backupify 2.0 for Office 365
In Backupify 2.0 for Office 365 there are two search methodologies:
- Snapshot Level - initiated from a specific user account
- Domain Level - initiated from the search tab
Snapshot Level Search
1. To access the Snapshot Level search, navigate to your Status tab if you have not already done so.
2. Select the service you want to search; for example, Exchange, One Drive, and SharePoint.
3. Select the desired user/site you wish to search.
4. In the user snapshot view, click the Search Account button to open the search term dialogue box.
5. From this dialogue box, you will be able to search your selected user/service for metadata containing the keyword you entered.
- Backupify 2.0 cannot search the document content and only searches the metadata info.
6. You can also search for different snapshots for specific users (Figure 6). To change the snapshot date, click the date under Snapshot to the left of the search box, and select an available date and time to search that specific snapshot instead.
Domain Level Search
1. To access domain level search, navigate to your Status tab if you have not already done so.
2. Select the service you want to perform the search in; for example, Exchange, One Drive, and SharePoint.
3. Select the user/site you want to perform the search in.
4. Navigate to the Search tab.
5. You can enter a keyword to search metadata for across multiple or all users in the domain.
- To specify certain users, enter a user's name or email address in the Users section.
6. You can also search across different snapshots by clicking the calendar icon under the Choose Date section.
- The search will not show exact snapshots as backup times vary from user to user. Instead, the date and time selected will find the last backup before the specified times for each searched user/service.