This article discusses managing users through Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for Office 365's Seat Management dashboard.
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for Office 365
After you complete the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection integration authorization, you must assign licenses to end-users on the domain through the Seat Management Dashboard.
After you authorize scopes, you will see the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection Seat Management Dashboard. It will display a list of all the users present on the domain, sorted by email address.
- You must first enable or disable Auto-Add.
- If you choose Enable, Seat Management will automatically start backing up services for all users under the domain, including shared resource mailboxes.
- Disabling Auto-Add will activate the Seat Management Selection tool, letting you select specific users or shared mailboxes on the domain to back up. For bulk adding, you can upload a CSV file with all relevant email addresses.
Seat Management Selection
- There are two sections where you can choose to start or stop backing up users. The top section displays your licensed users, and the bottom shows your shared or resource mailboxes.
- Once you have chosen the users to back up, Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 will start backing up ONLY the users you specified. Unselected users will not be backed up and will not count against the domain’s license count, but they also won't delete that user/license. If you remove users from a backup, they do not count against the domain's license count.
Adding and Removing Users Via CSV
- Create a CSV file that meets ALL of the following conditions:
- A header value in Row 1, Column 1. It can say anything, but it MUST be one word and lowercase (e.g., "email").
- The following rows in Column 1 should contain lowercase email addresses of the users to add. Datto SaaS Protection/Backupify 2.0 will automatically skip users that are already present.
- CSV files are limited to 2500 users, although you can add additional users from another upload.
- Column 1 must only contain the header and email addresses, making sure the casing matches that of the email in Backupify (which the system pulls from your Active Directory). Capitals in both the first name and domain name must match entirely.
- All email domains must match the domain name you upload.
- Click the UPLOAD CSV button.
- Browse and select the CSV file with the list of users to add and follow instructions to create the accounts.
Ignored Users list upload
Use this tool to upload a CSV file of ignored users. This tool will prevent the Auto-Add feature from adding those users to Datto SaaS Protection/Backupify when enabled.
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 backs up all shared mailboxes, regardless of license.
- Enabling Auto-Add will add all shared mailboxes on the domain to your Backupify instance. Conversely, disabling Auto-Add will allow you to select individual shared mailboxes.
- If you decide to convert a user to a shared mailbox or a shared mailbox to a licensed user, you do not have to re-add that user to Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0. It will continue to back up your data.
- If a user has already been added to Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 and converts to a shared resource, they will still count as a seated Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 user.
- To prevent a shared resource account from using a seat license, the user will need to be a shared resource from the start of its backup. If the account already been added, then the user will need to remove it from the backup and then re-include it in.
Adding custom site collections
See How do I add custom site and team site collections? to learn more about adding site collections.