Backupify for Office 365: using seat management to add and remove users
- Backupify for Office 365
- Datto SaaS Protection for Office 365
After completing the Service Side Scope Authorization, one of the final steps of the onboarding process is assigning licenses to end-users on the domain through the Seat Management Dashboard.
After authorizing scopes, you will be taken to the Backupify Seat Management Dashboard which presents a list of all the users present on the domain, listed by email addresses.
- You must first enable or disable Auto-Add
- If you choose Enable, Seat Management will automatically select all begin backing up services for all users under the domain, including shared and resource mailboxes
- Disabling Auto-Add will activate the Seat Management Selection tool, letting you select specific users on the domain to back up. For bulk adding, you can upload a CSV file with all relevant email addresses
Seat Management Selection
- There are two sections where you can choose to start or stop backing up users. The top section displays your licensed users and the bottom your shared or resource mailboxes
- Once you have chosen the users to back up, Backupify will start backing up ONLY the users you specified. Unselected users will not be backed up and will not count against the domain’s license count. Users that are removed from being backed up also do not count against the domain's license count
Adding and Removing Users Via CSV
- Create a CSV file that meets ALL of the following conditions:
- A header value in Row 1, Column 1. It can say anything, but it MUST be one word and lowercase (e.g., "email")
- The following rows in Column 1 should contain lowercase email addresses of the users to add. Backupify will automatically skip users that are already present
CSV files are limited to 2500 users, although you can add an additional file of users once this one is complete
- Column 1 must only contain the header and email addresses, both completely lowercase. No empty cells or capital letters
- All email domains must match the domain name you are uploading for
- Click the Upload CSV button.
- Browse and select the CSV file with the list of users to add and follow instructions to create the accounts.
- Datto SaaS Protection/Backupify backs up all shared mailboxes, regardless of license
- If you decide to convert a user to a shared mailbox or a shared mailbox to a licensed user, you do not have to re-add that user to Backupify. We will continue to back up your data appropriately
Adding Custom Site Collections
Click here for more details on adding Custom Site Collections.