This article discusses managing users through Datto SaaS Protection/Backupify 2.0 for Office 365's Seat Management dashboard.
- Backupify 2.0 for Office 365
- Datto SaaS Protection for Office 365
After completing the Service Side Scope Authorization, one of the final steps of the onboarding process is assigning licenses to end-users on the domain through the Seat Management Dashboard.
After authorizing scopes, the Backupify Seat Management Dashboard will display, which presents a list of all the users present on the domain, listed by email addresses.
- You must first enable or disable Auto-Add.
- If you choose Enable, Seat Management will automatically start backing up services for all users under the domain, including shared and resource mailboxes.
- Disabling Auto-Add will activate the Seat Management Selection tool, letting you select specific users or shared mailboxes on the domain to back up. For bulk adding, you can upload a CSV file with all relevant email addresses.
Seat Management Selection
- There are two sections where you can choose to start or stop backing up users. The top section displays your licensed users and the bottom your shared or resource mailboxes.
- Once you have chosen the users to back up, Backupify will start backing up ONLY the users you specified. Unselected users will not be backed up and will not count against the domain’s license count. If you remove users from a backup, they do not count against the domain's license count.
Adding and Removing Users Via CSV
- Create a CSV file that meets ALL of the following conditions:
- A header value in Row 1, Column 1. It can say anything, but it MUST be one word and lowercase (e.g., "email").
- The following rows in Column 1 should contain lowercase email addresses of the users to add. Backupify will automatically skip users that are already present.
- CSV files are limited to 2500 users, although you can add additional users from another upload.
- Column 1 must only contain the header and email addresses, both entirely lowercase, with no empty cells or capital letters.
- All email domains must match the domain name you upload.
- Click the Upload CSV button.
- Browse and select the CSV file with the list of users to add and follow instructions to create the accounts.
Ignored Users list upload
Use this tool to upload a CSV file of ignored users. This tool will prevent the Auto-Add feature from adding those users to Datto SaaS Protection/Backupify when enabled.
- Datto SaaS Protection/Backupify 2.0 backs up all shared mailboxes, regardless of license.
- Enabling Auto-Add will add all shared mailboxes on the domain to your Backupify instance. Conversely, disabling Auto-Add will allow you to select individual shared mailboxes.
- If you decide to convert a user to a shared mailbox or a shared mailbox to a licensed user, you do not have to re-add that user to Backupify. We will continue to back up your data appropriately.
Adding Custom Site Collections
Click here for more details on adding Custom Site Collections.