This article contains frequently asked questions regarding SharePoint backups in Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Office 365.
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Office 365
This article answers frequently asked questions about how SharePoint is backed up by Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection.
Why should I back up my Office 365 SharePoint data?
Backupify for O365 helps you save both time and money. It also reduces the risk of user error or third-party applications corrupting your data. By deploying this solution, you are protecting data critical to the operation of your business as well as decreasing the time-to-business function in the case of downtime.
How often does Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection back up my Office 365 SharePoint data?
The backup schedule for Office 365 is fully automated and runs three times daily for each service. The Backupify app automatically distributes backup slots evenly throughout the day and cannot be configured.
You can launch a backup on-demand by clicking the Backup Now button. Running an on-demand backup will not affect the three regularly scheduled backups.
What parts of my SharePoint data does Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection back up?
SharePoint currently backs up the following data:
- SharePoint Site Document Libraries
- SharePoint Site Templates
- SharePoint Site Assets
- SharePoint Site Pages
- SharePoint Site Lists
- SharePoint Site Collections (Microsoft sites created by admins that do not fall into the Sharepoint Root Site collection)
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for Office 365: Site management
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Office 365: Backups
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for Office 365: Restores