This article answers some common questions about the SharePoint segment of Backupify's Office 365 product.
- Why should I back up my Office 365 SharePoint data?
- How often do you back up my Office 365 SharePoint data?
- What SharePoint data do you back up?
- What are the possible statuses for my SharePoint backup?
Why should I back up my Office 365 SharePoint data?
Backupify for O365 helps you save both time and money. We also reduce the risk of user error or third-party applications corrupting your data. By deploying our solution, you are protecting data critical to the operation of your business as well as decreasing the time to business function in the case of downtime.
How often do you back up my Office 365 SharePoint data?
The backup schedule for Office 365 is fully automated and runs three times daily for each service. The Backupify app automatically distributes backup slots evenly throughout the day and cannot be configured.
You can launch a backup on-demand by clicking the Backup Now button. Running an on-demand backup will not affect the three regularly scheduled backups.
Do you back up all of my SharePoint data?
SharePoint currently backs up the following data:
- Sharepoint Site Document Libraries
- Sharepoint Site Templates
- Sharepoint Site Assets
- Sharepoint Site Pages
- Sharepoint Site Collections (Microsoft sites created by admins that do not fall into the Sharepoint Root Site collection)