This article discusses how to perform exports for users in Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Office 365.
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Office 365
Exporting lets administrators download and store a secure package of an individual’s data outside of Office 365. For example, if an executive is leaving and the company wants to keep track of all their records, Backupify for Office 365 can export their correspondence, contact lists, and OneDrive files.
Performing an export
1. In the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Office 365 dashboard, click the service containing the data you wish to export. Or click Recovery and select the service that needs to be exported.
2. Click the user or Site from which you are exporting.
3. Use the checkboxes to select the folders you wish to export, then click the EXPORT button.
When exporting items, you can select a specific item or multiple items and export them by clicking the Export button.
You also have the ability to search through a different snapshot for this particular user and select items from a different point in time. To change the snapshot date, click the date under Snapshot to the left of the search box and select an available date and time to search that specific snapshot instead.
After initiating the export, the system will prompt you to export all the items in the snapshot, or just the selected ones. After completing, the export will be available for download in the Exports tab.
Downloading and extracting your export
Once your export completes, you can download it under the Exports tab, by clicking the Download button. This view also acts as a complete audit log of your restores, since Backupify will never clear out this information.
When you export emails, they will be written to MBOX format. You will receive an MBOX file for each folder that is backed up. You can access MBOX formats with an email client (like Thunderbird) or converted with a third-party converter to a PST format.
Calendar exports are exported as iCal format (ICS). You can access Calendar exports by using a client like Outlook or Apple Calendar.
Calendar exports are exported in the .VCF format. You can access Calendar exports by using a client like Outlook.
OneDrive files are exported to the .ZIP file in their original MS Office format (e.g., .docx, .xlsx). You can open the files with the relevant MS Office application.
SharePoint site data files are exported as .ZIP files. You can open the files with the relevant application for the file types.
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection: How to download & unzip exports
- Exports fail to extract when using Windows File Explorer's built-in archiving tool