How does the reporting work in Backupify/Datto SaaS protection 2.0 for Office 365?
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for Office 365
Running a report
In the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 dashboard, click the Admin Tab, then select Reporting from the drop-down menu.
On the next screen, you can choose to run a System Audit Report, or a User Actions Report, both downloadable as .csv files
System Audit Report
The System Audit report shows system event details, including:
- What system events occurred, and when (timestamp)
- Whether the events succeeded or failed
- The event IDs
- The user name and email of the account on which the event took place
- The number of successful or failed attempts
- The application in which the event occurred
- The snapshot ID of the backup (if the event was a backup)
User Actions Log
The User Actions Log shows details for activity on the account, including:
- Which user performed the action
- What type of action was performed
- When the activity occurred
- The success or fail state of the activity
- A verbose description of the action
Figure 4: Account Activity report (click to enlarge)
Accounts upgraded to Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0
Accounts updated from legacy Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection to Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 will still have legacy reports available for scheduling. Still, they will no longer provide useful information, as the legacy platform is no longer backing up the domain. For upgraded accounts, be sure to use the 2.0 reporting, as shown in Figure 1.