This article discusses the versioning and snapshots available in Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Office 365 2.0.
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Office 365 2.0
Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for O365 2.0 supports versioning of the backed up data. Each time that your data is backed up, a "snapshot" of the data is saved. Each snapshot contains all of the information needed to restore your data to the exact state it was in at the time of the snapshot. Stored snapshots will be consolidated according to the following retention schedule:
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection takes backups daily and retained for 30 days.
- After 30 days, the system saves one of those three daily backups per user.
- After 90 days, the system saves one weekly backup per user.
- After one year, Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection saves one monthly backup per user.
Searching and Navigating Snapshots
You can choose a snapshot to browse or search from the dropdown on the left-hand side of the screen in the user/subsite browser.
When selecting a snapshot, your data will appear exactly as it would have at the time of that snapshot.
Exports and Restores from a Snapshot
Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection supports Restoring and Exporting from a selected snapshot. Once you select a snapshot to browse, all restores and exports will occur as if they are initiated from the date of the snapshot.