You receive the error message, "Connection closed / Operation canceled" within the Datto Drive Sync application.
- Datto Drive
- Folder/file corruption
- Datto Drive database file could be corrupt
- Certain file types are present which Datto Drive does not support for sync (PST’s, Quickbooks, SQL DB’s, etc.)
1. Log into the user account and compare the sync folder on your local machine to the contents of the Web UI to determine if this is new or existing data. If the data is new, copy it to a different location on the local PC to make sure needed files do not get overwritten on successful sync.
2. Click the "3 dots" icon to the right of the sync connection, then select Open File Location from the drop-down menu.
3. Right-click the Datto Drive icon in the System Tray, located in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen, then click Quit Datto Drive.
4. Show hidden items:
- Windows 10: In the folder location, click the View tab in the top menu, then check Hidden Items.
- Older versions of Windows: Click File→Change Folder and Search Options, then go to the View tab and select Show hidden files, folders, and Drives
5. Delete the following files show in the folder location:
6. Re-open the Datto Drive application; it will rebuild the local Sync DB files and may take some time. Datto Drive will synchronize all changes after the rebuild is complete if successful.
If the issue persists, enable desktop logging and contact Datto Technical Support.