This article explains the authorization, purchase and setup process for partner-managed Canada, APAC, and ANZ-based Datto Backupify for Office 365 accounts.
As a Canada, APAC, or ANZ-based Datto partner, you are responsible for initiating the purchase of Backupify for Office 365 for your local business clients, handling the quote, and accepting the added costs to your monthly expenses from Datto.
Since you are providing Partner-managed Backupify services, you will also be responsible for authorizations and all of the user configurations.
Log in to the Datto Partner Portal
Access the Datto Store
1. Click the Purchasing & Billing → Store dropdown.
Figure 1: Accessing the Datto Store from the Partner Portal
2. Select the SaaS Protection product. You will be redirected to the Datto SaaS Protection registration page.
Figure 2: Datto Store
Create the SaaS Protection account for the new SaaS Protection client
1. Enter your customer’s name in the Organization's Name field.
Figure 3: Create a Backupify account
2. Enter the email of the user who will be administering the new SaaS Protection account in the Organization's Administrator Email field.
3. Create a Password for the account in the Create Password field.
4. Click Continue to Step 2. The Confirmation page will load.
Figure 4: Enter Confirmation Code
5. You will receive a confirmation message at the email address you provided.
Figure 5: Confirmation email
6. Copy the confirmation code from the email into the Confirmation Code field of the registration screen. Alternatively, you can click Activate Now.
7. You will be directed to the Sign In screen. Enter the credentials that you created in Step 1. Do not use the "Log in using Google" option.
Figure 6: Log in to Backupify
Identify the Office 365 domain to be protected, and authorize SaaS Protection to access that domain
1. The Product Selection screen will load. Select Office 365.
Figure 7: Product selection screen
2. Use the Backupify Microsoft Office 365 login page to enter the Office 365 Business administrator account credentials. This account must have global administrator credentials and an assigned Exchange mailbox for the authentication to work.
Figure 8: Account authorization
3. The Service-Side Authorization page will display a checklist of scopes for authorization.
Figure 9: Authorization scope checklist
4. Grant Backupify access to the domain’s data by clicking Accept. For more information about the permissions required, see SaaS Protection/Backupify For Office 365 Permissions Explained.
At this point, the authorization is complete. You will be directed to the Datto SaaS Protection for Office 365 Dashboard for the new domain.
1. Once you have granted access to the Office 365 domain during setup, Backupify will scan your Active Directory environment for all user accounts.
2. Next, you will need to add users to the account via the Seat Management Page. See Seat Management For SaaS Protection/Backupify For O365 for a detailed explanation of the process. After you finish adding users, allow time for their initial backups to complete.
Figure 10: Seat management interface