This article shows how to exclude the StorageCraft Raw Agent from Webroot cybersecurity software scans.
- ShadowSnap Agent
Webroot scans are known to interfere with ShadowProtect backups when using the ShadowSnap agent. Storage Craft is the maker of ShadowProtect, which is used by our ShadowSnap Agent when creating backups. You should exclude StorageCraft files from Webroot scans to avoid any potential problems.
1. Open the web management console, then open the override tab located near the top of the page.
Figure 1: Webroot
2. From the Overrides page, you will see an option for whitelist. Click the Create option
Figure 2: Create a whitelist entry
3. Choose a name for the override. In this example, the name is StorageCraft
- For the type, select Path/File
- Leave the File Mask blank.
- Enter the following path in Path Mask: C:\Program Files (x86)\StorageCraft
- Be sure to check the box to Include Sub-Folders
- If you wish to apply this to a policy to make it global, you can do so on the right-hand side of the Create override window.
Figure 3: Create an override
4. Once you've created the rule, you should see it on the Overrides page
Figure 4: Overrides
Note: this will take a few minutes to apply to your system as it will have to pull the changes.
If you continue to experience issues with Shadow Protect services terminating as a result of Webroot, even after following the above steps, see this StorageCraft article (external link) for additional troubleshooting steps you can take.
SPX service start issues after windows update (external link)