This article explains the Offsite Audit Report. This report Shows what recovery points are in the cloud, the characteristics of that data, and and how much space that data uses. . For more information about how Datto’s Inverse Chain Technology works, see the article Explaining the Inverse Chain.
The Offsite Audit Report gives you a comprehensive report of the Datto device's offsite backups, including:
- Total device size
- Information about the cloud server on which the data is stored
- Active Datasets per Protected Machine ("Agent")
- "Oldchain" Datasets that are stored for archival purposes
- A breakdown of stored recovery points for each agent
1. Login to partners.dattobackup.com.
2. Click on the Devices menu, and click Status 2.0.
3. Click on the name of the device you wish to audit.
Figure 1: The Devices page of Status 2.0
Scroll down the page to the Offsite section and click the Offsite Audit button. The report will start running. It will open automatically when done.
Figure 2: The Offsite section of the device page.
Find an explanation of the offsite report's various sections here.