How do I configure alerts using the BCDR Status page in the partner portal?
- Partner Portal
This article explains how to set up hardware and account alerts for your Datto device in the Partner Portal using the BCDR Status page. Agent-specific alerts can be set up through the device's remote web UI.
1. Login to the Datto Partner portal and click the Device tab, then select BCDR Status from the drop-down menu.
Figure 1: The Partner Portal
2. Type the device name in the search bar at the top right, then select the device from the main window.
Figure 2: Search for the device name.
3. Click the Device Alerts button.
Figure 3: Click Device Alerts
4. You will now see the Alert Settings screen.
Figure 4: The Alert Settings screen
1. Device Hardware Alert
Configure this option to provide notifications if there is a vendor specific (i.e., Western Digital) SMART status alert for the device.
2. Device Not Seen Alert
This alert will send if the appliance fails to check in with the Datto Remote Monitoring Servers after a period of time (60 minutes by default). Do not change this value to anything less than 20 minutes as the devices check in once every 10 minutes.
3. Sync Completion Alert
This alert will send if the appliance has not reached a full sync in a set period of time (default is 14 days). To avoid persistent alerts, set this value at 2 days or greater.
4. High Local Activity Alert
This alert will send if the total change written to the appliance's storage in a 24-hour window, from 4:00am EST to 4:00am EST the following day, exceeds a set amount (5GB by default).
This includes all snapshots, screenshots, offsite data, device updates, etc.
5. Low Disk Space Alert
This alert will send if your appliance is running low on disk space. You can set the threshold for remaining space before receiving the alert.
6. External IP Alert
This alert will send if the external (Public) IP address of the network where the Datto is communicating from has changed.
7. Deletion Alert
This alert will send if more than a set amount of data(5 GB by default) was deleted from the appliance.
8. Protecting half device's storage capacity
This alert will send if the total amount of protected data surpasses half the device's capacity. This is not an alert based on used space. Rather, your total amount of data to protect exceeds what the appliance should support.
For more information about this alert, refer to the following article: Properly sizing a Datto Appliance.
9. Clone Alerts to Another Device
Configure these alerts, and clone them to other Datto devices.
4.2. Configuring Email Alerts for Billing and Marketing Emails
Location: Admin > Portal Email Alerts
Figure 5: Select Portal Email Alerts
- Partners can change the default addresses used for sending emails.
- By default, we send a New Appliance Shipped email to the primary and billing email address.
- You can change this by checking the different boxes or adding a different email.
All emails sent which are supported by this system will have Email Type: at the bottom of the email, with the type matching the type in the portal.
Figure 6: The Portal Email Alerts screen
Datto's alerting can be integrated with many third party applications: Autotask, Connectwise, BrightGauge, ITGlue, and many others. The following links will direct you to external Knowledge Base content for further details and support.
- Connectwise: https://kb.datto.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005025766
- Autotask: https://kb.datto.com/hc/en-us/articles/217098966-Autotask-Setup-Guide
- BrightGauge: https://support.brightgauge.com/hc/en-us/articles/210609503
- ITGlue: https://kb.itglue.com/hc/en-us/articles/219392807-Integrating-with-Datto
- Kaseya: https://www.kaseya.com/