This article explains how to set up hardware and account alerts for your Datto device in the Partner Portal using Status 2.0. Agent-specific alerts can be set up through the device's remote web UI.
1. Login to the Datto Partner portal and click the Device tab, then select Status 2.0 from the drop-down.
2. Type the device name in the search bar at the top right, then select the device from the main window.
3. Click the Device Alerts button.
4. You will now see the Alert Settings screen.
1. Device Hardware Alert
Configure this option to provide notifications if there is a vendor specific (Western Digital) SMART status alert for the device.
2. Device Not Seen Alert
This alert will send if the appliance fails to check in with the Datto Remote Monitoring Servers after a period of time (60 minutes by default). Do not change this value to anything less than 20 minutes as the devices check in once every 10 minutes.
3. Sync Completion Alert
The appliance has not reached a full sync in a set period of time (default is 14 days). To avoid persistent alerts, set this value at 2 days or greater.
4. High Local Activity Alert
A dataset larger than a set amount (5GB by default) is written to the appliance device.
5. Low Disk Space Alert
Your appliance is running low on disk space. You can set the threshold for remaining space before receiving the alert.
6. External IP Alert
The external (Public) IP address of the network where the Datto is communicating from has changed.
7. Deletion Alert
More than a set amount (5 GB by default) was deleted from the appliance.
8. Protecting half device's storage capacity
This alert comes up when the total amount of protected data surpasses half the device's capacity. This is not an alert based on used space. Rather, your total amount of data to protect exceeds what the appliance should support.
For more information about this alert, refer to the following article: Properly sizing a Datto Appliance.
9. Clone Alerts to Another Device
Configure these alerts, and clone them to other Datto devices.
4.2. Configuring Email Alerts for Billing and Marketing Emails
Location: Admin > Portal Email Alerts
- Partners can change the default addresses used for sending emails.
- By default, we send a New Appliance Shipped email to the primary and billing email address.
- You can change this by checking the different boxes or adding a different email.
All emails sent which are supported by this system will have Email Type: at the bottom of the email, with the type matching the type in the portal.
Datto's alerting can be integrated with BrightGauge. Click here to be redirected to the BrightGauge Knowledge Base for further details and support. Please note that this type of integration is not supported by Datto. Technical Support cannot assist with troubleshooting any issues encountered with its configuration or performance.