This provides a walkthrough for configuring an IKEv2 VPN connection to the Datto Networking Appliance (DNA) for Mac clients.
1. Log into the DNA web interface, and click Network Overview, as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1: Network Overview
You will see the WAN Details and Router Details cards displayed on the right-hand side of the Network Overview page. From this card, make note of the IP Address (Figure 2.1) and the Assigned Public Address (Figure 2.2).
Figure 2: WAN Details and Router Details cards
3. Select the Yes radio button in the Enable Client VPN field.
4. Choose the LAN that you would like to allow the VPN access to.
5. If you have not done so already, create a VPN user account that your client will use to access the network.
6. Click Save Changes.
7. Sign into the Mac you will be setting up with the connection.
8. Open the Network Settings control panel, and add a new network.
9. Select VPN for the Interface, and for the VPN type, select IKEv2. Enter the name you would like to use for the connection in the Service name field.
Figure 4: Service setup
10. Click Create. Then, configure your new service as shown in Figure 5.
Figure 5: Network setup
In the Server Address field, enter the Assigned Public Address from Step 1. In the Remote ID field, enter the IP Address from Step 1.
11. Click Authentication Settings, and enter the credentials from Step 5 that you will be using for the VPN connection. For the Username field, use the value shown in the Login (Email Address) field on the Client VPN card.
Figure 6: Authentication settings
12. Click OK, followed by Apply. Your Mac client should now be able to connect to the Datto Networking Appliance's VPN interface and communicate with clients on its LAN.