This article provides a walkthrough for configuring an IKEv2 VPN connection to the Datto Networking Appliance (DNA) for Mac clients.
- Datto Networking Appliance (DNA)
Figure 1: Status
3. Select the Yes radio button in the Enable Client VPN field.
4. Choose the LAN that you would like to allow the VPN access to.
5. Download the VPN Gateway Certificate.
6. If you have not done so already, create a VPN user account that your client will use to access the network.
7. Click Save Changes.
8. On your Mac, double click the certificate you downloaded from step 5. This will open Keychain Access.
9. Under Keychains, select System and scroll to the bottom of the certificates. Double-click on VPN Gateway.
10. Expand Trust.
11. Change the When using this certificate dropdown to Always Trust and click the red X to exit the VPN Gateway certificate window. On exit, enter the root password for the user.
12. You will notice the VPN Gateway should now have a blue plus indicating the certificate is trusted.
13. Open Network from the System Preferences.
14. Click the plus option to add a new network.
15. On the Interface dropdown box, select VPN. From the VPN Type dropdown box, select IKEv2. Name your VPN in the Service Name text box.
16. In the Server Address and Remote ID fields, enter the Assigned Public Address gathered from Step 1.
17. Click Authentication Settings. Enter the email address and password you created from Step 6. Click OK.
18. Click Connect.