This article outlines the steps to rack mount the SIRIS 3 and SIRIS 4 Enterprise & Professional models. These models use the same rails and style.
- SIRIS 3 Professional
- SIRIS 3 Enterprise
- SIRIS 4 Professional
- SIRIS 4 Enterprise
1. Mount the rails within the rack There are three screws that face the front (Cold Isle) and a "flat side" that slides into the back of the rack. Slide the "flat side" into the slot on the back of the rack and lift the lever shown in Figure 1, below, to insert the rail into the front of the rack.
Figure 1: Lift the lever to insert the rail into the front of the rack (click to enlarge)
2. Insert the three screws through the front bezel.
Figure 2: Insert the three screws into the front bezel (click to enlarge)
3. Mount the inner rails onto the device. Figure 3, below, shows the rail and the cutout used to attach to the knob on the device (Indicated by the two arrows).
Figure 3: Mount the inner rails on the server (click to enlarge)
Figure 4, below, shows the rail properly mounted to the side of the device. This must be done on both sides.
Figure 4: The rails properly mounted to the device (click to enlarge)
4. Lift the device and slide it onto the rack-mounted rails. See Figure 5, below.
Figure 5: Insert the inner rails into the outer rails (click to enlarge)
Once lined up and inserted, the inner rails will slide into the outer rails. See Figure 6.
Figure 6: Slide the inner rails into the outer rails (click to enlarge)
5. Pull the blue tabs on the rail sides toward the front of the device until the device can slide all the way into the rack.
Figure 7: Pull the blue tabs forward and slide the device into the rack (click to enlarge)
The appliance is now ready to be connected to the network and registered.