How do I integrate ConnectWise Manage 2.0 with my Datto device?
- ConnectWise Manage 2.0
- Datto ALTO
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto NAS
This article explains how to configure and use the Datto / ConnectWise Manage 2.0 Integration. The Integration lets the Datto device create tickets, configurations, and agreements in your ConnectWise managed environment.
Before starting, ensure that your setup meets the following criteria:
- You are running ConnectWise version 2017.6 or later
- You have access to add and/or edit API Members within ConnectWise
- You have access to the setup tables such as configuration type
Device Alert Setup
When an alert is raised on your Datto device, Datto's ConnectWise integration immediately opens a service ticket on your ConnectWise service board. You will see mention of Device alerts and Agent alerts during the setup process on the Partner Portal, below.
Setting the alert email address
For a device or agent alert to create a ticket, you must first set an email address for that type of alert. Filling in the email address field enables alert messaging on the Datto device, and tells it where to send alert emails. Click the links above for information on setting up these alerts.
API Member Setup
Unlike the previous Datto / ConnectWise Manage integration, you do not need to configure the integrator table within ConnectWise. Instead, you will create a new API Member. Once configured, Datto will authenticate with ConnectWise via Public & Private API Member Keys.
Setting up the new API
1. Within ConnectWise, access the API Members section by clicking System > Members and then selecting the API Members tab.
2. Click the + icon to add a new API member.
3. Select the API license class.
4. Select the Admin System Role ID.
5. Complete the rest of the required fields.
6. Click the Save icon to create the member. Several new tabs will then appear at the top of the page.
7. Select the API Keys tab
8. Click the + icon to create a new API key.
When prompted, provide a description for the API key and click Save. ConnectWise will automatically generate a public and private key. Take note of the private key, as it will only ever be displayed on creation.
Navigating to the ConnectWise 2.0 Integrations Management Page
1. In the Partner Portal, click Admin, then choose Integrations from the drop-down menu.
2. Select ConnectWise from the menu bar. Enter your credentials when prompted. Host and Company Name are the same as your ConnectWise credentials. The API Member public key and API Member private key were generated during the API Member step above. Once confirmed, click Authenticate.
ConnectWise 2.0 Setup Options
In the header, select ConnectWise as the integration type. You can also choose to enable or disable integration on a global level.
Making a configuration type
Now you can make a configuration type specifically for Datto devices. If no configuration types exist during first time setup, Datto will create one for you.
1. Open the setup tables by clicking System > Setup Tables.
2. Search for Configuration, then select the Configuration Types (not Configuration Status) table.
3. Name the configuration type whatever you’d like. Take note of the name as you will use it again later in the setup process.
4. Under Configuration Type, choose the configuration type that is set up specifically for your Datto devices.
Set Default Values
This section lets you specify the default values for the ConnectWise Manage integration. You can specify default values for each device reporting to your integration. When you are finished configuring default values, click Save Settings to save.
Choose what service board receives alert-generated tickets from the Datto device.
Choose the default status for new tickets.
Choose the default service type.
Choose the default service subtype.
Datto Device Alerts
Choose whether global device alerts generate an email, a service ticket from the selected service board, or both. For redundancy, Datto strongly recommends configuring your integration to receive both email and ConnectWise alerts.
Datto Agent Alerts
Choose whether alerts from individual agents on the Datto device generate an email, a service ticket from the selected service board, or both. For redundancy, Datto strongly recommends configuring your integration to receive both email and ConnectWise alerts.
Manage Device Settings
This section displays basic information about the Datto devices in the fleet, including device names, serial numbers, models, settings, company names, and integration status. After you’ve selected default values, you can begin associating your Datto Devices with ConnectWise Companies and update any settings specific to the device.
- Within the Manage Device Settings table, click Edit for the desired device.
- Search for and select a ConnectWise company you would like to associate with the device. Then, select a contact within that company.
- If you’d like to use the default values you have just configured, click Save Settings to submit the modal.
- If you would like to change any settings for this device only, uncheck Use Default Device Settings and make any desired updates.
- Agreements. ConnectWise will now auto-associate an AgreementID to a ConfigurationID. You will see a new Agreements dropdown in Device Settings which allows you to choose an agreement based on the company selected for a configuration. This lets you determine which agreement exists for each configuration. From there you can track agreements for each configuration.
Once the device is associated with a company, you can enable the integration for that device. Click the Integration Enabled toggle for the device to enable the device through the ConnectWise Integration.
If you have any problems or questions, contact Datto Technical Support.