This article provides best-practices for obtaining an optimum level of performance from your Datto Managed Networking wireless repeaters.
- No more than 1 hop reported in CloudTrax.
- RSSI to/from wired gateway between -35 to -65. The closer to 0 the better. This can be found by clicking an access point and then reviewing the "Neighbors" list.
- Mesh speed reported at 10 Mbps or higher.
- No or minimal outages reported on the outage graph.
- No more than 5 wireless repeaters per wired gateway.
Failure to meet all of the above requirements will likely result in poor wireless mesh performance and connectivity problems. Distance, obstructions and interference can degrade performance. On networks with multiple wireless repeaters, there may be too many repeaters on the same channel, or the channel is generally crowded.