How do I find the contents from my Google Shared Drives in Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite?
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite
Google Shared Drives are shared spaces where teams can easily store, search, and access their files anywhere, from any device. Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite protects all data hosted on Google Shared Drives.
Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite has reorganized the storage and presentation of your Google Shared Drives data to deliver a more streamlined experience for accessing and interacting with your files and folders.
As of 2019-03-18, Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 stores all snapshots in the Shared Drives section, where you can go to view, restore, and export objects.
You can access legacy snapshots taken before 2019-03-18 in the Google Drive section.
This article provides both workflows for accessing Google Shared Drives backups:
Navigating to Google Shared Drives snapshots
1. From the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 dashboard, click Google Shared Drives.
- You can also select Shared Drives in the top navigation bar at any time.
2. The Shared Drives page will display the Name of each Shared Drive, a timestamp of the Last Backup, and its used Storage.
3. Selecting any shared drive will allow you to view its contents, as shown in Figure 3.
- To view the contents of a folder, click the folder.
Navigating to legacy Google Shared Drives snapshots
1. From the main Google Backup Status page, click Google Drive.
2. Select a user from the Google Shared Drives name list.
3. The shared drives will be located in the list of available drives and can be restored, exported, and backed up like the other drives in the list.
For shared drives to be visible for backup, you must include a shared drive member with either Full Access or Content Management privileges to the backup.