How do I find and use Team Drives in Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite?
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite
Google Team Drives are shared spaces where teams can easily store, search, and access their files anywhere, from any device. Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite protects all data hosted on Team Drives.
Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 for G Suite has reorganized the storage and presentation of your Team Drives data to deliver a more streamlined experience for accessing and interacting with your files and folders.
Beginning on 2019-03-18, Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 will store all snapshots, taken on or after this date, in the Team Drives section, where you can go to view, restore, and export objects.
You can access legacy snapshots taken before 2019-03-18 in the Google Drive section.
This article provides both workflows for accessing Google Team Drives backups:
- Navigating to Google Team Drives snapshots
- Navigating to historical Google Team Drives snapshots in Google Drive
Navigating to Google Team Drives Snapshots
1. From the main Google Backup Status screen, click Google Team Drives.
- You can also select Team Drives in the top navigation bar at any time.
2. The Team Drives page will display the Name of each Team Drive, a timestamp of the Last Backup, and its used Storage.
3. Selecting any Team Drive will allow you to view its contents, as shown in Figure 3.
Navigating to historical Google Team Drives snapshots in Google Drives
1. From the main Google Backup Status screen, click Google Drive.
2. Select a user from the Google Team Drives name list.
3. The Google Team Drives will be located in the list of available drives and can be restored, exported, and backed up like the other drives in the list.
There may be instances where Team Drive does not show up in the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for 2.0 backup. To add a drive to the backup, you must include a team drive member with either Full Access or Content Management in the backup.