What are the Power over Ethernet (PoE) specifications for the AP40 & AP60?
- Datto AP40 Access Point
- Datto AP60 Access Point
- Ethernet 1: 802.3af/at (PoE/PoE+), or Passive 48-54V⎓0.5A
- Ethernet 2: non-PoE
- AF max draw is 12.95w
- AT max draw is 25.5w
- Passive will draw between 24 and 27w depending on the input voltage
PoE Misplug Tests:
- Plugging in passive 24V PoE into Ethernet 1 will not properly power up the device
- Plugging in passive 24V PoE or passive 48V PoE into Ethernet 2 will not burn out the unit
Datto access points function within the power requirements of the 802.3 specification. See the Additional Resources section of this article for more information.
- User Guides And Getting Started With Access Points
- Datto Networking Switches Datasheet (PDF, requires Partner Portal login)
- Datto Networking WiFi Datasheet (PDF, requires Partner Portal login)