What are the Power over Ethernet (PoE) specifications for the AP42?
- Datto AP42 Access Point
- Ethernet 1: 802.3af/at (PoE/PoE+), or Passive 48-54V⎓0.5A
- Ethernet 2: Passive PoE 18-24V⎓ 1.34-1A (mode A, B, A+B)
- AF max draw is 12.95w
- AT max draw is 25.5w
- Passive will draw between 24 and 27w depending on the input voltage
PoE Misplug Tests:
- Plugging in passive 24V PoE into Ethernet 1 will not properly power up the device.
- Plugging in passive 48V PoE into Ethernet 2 will not burn out the unit.
Datto access points function within the power requirements of the 802.3 specification. See the Additional Resources section of this article for more information.