How do backups work in Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for G Suite?
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for G Suite
Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for G Suite currently backs up:
- Google Mail
- Google Calendar
- Google Contacts
- Google Drive
- Google Shared Drives
Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for G Suite is fully automated and runs three backups per day for each service. The three backup times are automatic and not adjustable. The three backups occur within the following periods:
- Between 12 AM and 8 AM GMT
- Between 8 AM and 4 PM GMT
- Between 4 PM and 11:59 PM GMT
Backup on demand
You can launch a backup on-demand in the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection environment. To do so, you select the files you wish to back up, then click the BACKUP NOW button. Running an on-demand backup will not affect the three automatically scheduled backups.
Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection does not support Google Forms, Google Groups, Google Sites, and Google Hangouts at this time.
Handling backup exceptions and issues
- Backup attempts in which all items fail to back up will show as a failed run.
- If a backup fails, either on the Datto side or the Google side, a message will display on the dashboard, and the application will automatically retry the backup on the next scheduled run. Retries will continue until the job completes successfully.
- If the user creates any data, sends, or receives an email that is then deleted between backup cycles, the data will not be present in the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection snapshots.
Backing up My Drive's trash contents
Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection will continue to back up the files and folders in the trash folder of My Drive. The data will continue to appear in the snapshots they were captured in if the trash is emptied by the user or the files are deleted by G Suite.
Google Shared Drives
Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 backs up all data shared on Google Shared Drives. Snapshots taken after 2019-03-18 will reside in the dedicated Google Shared Drive service, while legacy backups will remain as a folder in the Google Drive service.