How do backups work in Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for G Suite?
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for G Suite
Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for G Suite currently backs up:
- Google Mail
- Google Calendar
- Google Contacts
- Google Drive
- Google Shared Drives
Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for G Suite is fully automated and runs three backups per day for each service. The three backup times are automatic and not adjustable. The three backups occur within the following periods:
- Between 12 AM and 8 AM Eastern Standard Time
- Between 8 AM and 4 PM Eastern Standard Time
- Between 4 PM and 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time
Backup on demand
You can launch a backup on-demand in the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection environment. To do so, you select the files you wish to back up, then click the BACKUP NOW button. Running an on-demand backup will not affect the three automatically scheduled backups.
Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection does not support Google Forms, Google Groups, Google Sites, and Google Hangouts at this time.
Handling backup exceptions and issues
- Backup attempts in which all items fail to back up will show as a failed run in the backup KPIs
- If a backup fails, either on the Datto side or the Google side, a message will display on the dashboard, and the application will automatically retry the backup on the next scheduled run. Retries will continue until the job completes successfully.
- If the user creates any data, sends, or receives an email that is then deleted between backup cycles, the data will not be present in the Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection snapshots.
Google Shared Drives
Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection 2.0 backs up all data shared on Google Shared Drives. Snapshots taken after 2019-03-18 will reside in the dedicated Google Shared Drive service, while legacy backups will remain as a folder in the Google Drive service.