This article contains the changelog for more recent versions of the ShadowSnap agent.
You can download the most recent version of ShadowSnap from http://download.datto.com.
Versions of ShadowSnap
Below are the different versions and their features:
Version 4.0.0 (Download only)
- Security Improvements: This release changes how agents pair to new devices as mitigation for CVE-2017-16673 and CVE-2017-16674. This is not getting pushed as an auto-update at this time. For more details, see the Datto open letter to partners here
- Corrects an issue that caused the ShadowSnap agent to incorrectly identify Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016 environments as Windows Server 2012.
- Includes an update for TLS 1.2
- Updated Python libraries for improved agent security.
- Updated transport traffic SSL versions
- Properly identifying Windows 8.1 / Server 2012 R2
- NTFS header fixes to remedy some agent blank file restores
- Attempts to correct some damaged backups with automatic diff merges via HIR validation
- Support for encrypted agents
- Improved Version Detection
- Corrected HIR issue
- Large Block Disk hard disks (4k sector size) support
- Robust handling of multi-volume backup jobs
- Began bundling with versions 5.0.X of ShadowProtect (Primary version installed is 5.0.1)
- Size of install increased to 115MB
- Less CPU utilization
- Reduction in 0x00000000 Access Violation Errors
- Universal Timezone for Agent Logging
- Began bundling with versions 4.2.X of ShadowProtect (Now with version 4.2.5)
- Updates for the drive enumeration code which improves identification of sizes and structures of the volumes of the protected machine.
- Fewer "Too small destination volume" error messages encountered.
- This version was not released.
- Updates to improve larger volume size reporting.
- Auto verification to confirm connectivity is available to Storage Craft's licensing system (activate.storagecraft.com)
- Improvements to allow better resource utilization while ShadowSnap is performing multi-task operations.
- Updates to provide compatibility for Hard Disks with 4096 byte sectors. Hard Disks with 4096 byte sectors are becoming increasingly common as they are used for disks larger than 2TB in size.
- Integrated support for ShadowProtect 4.2
- Updates to ensure Storage Craft's sbrun process properly logs all events in English.
- New debug mode with logging for Datto Support & Development to use.
- New feature to auto-identify and re-start any stalled backup jobs.
- Improved RAM utilization for ShadowSnap Agent processes.
- New abilities for Datto Support & Development to manage differential merges on the Datto.
- New abilities for the Siris web console to make settings changes for ShadowSnap Agent's control cache, & write sizes.
- Updated Storage Craft's sbrun process to continually retry to write to the sparse image file during write operations.
- More frequent Shadow Protect sbrun volume cache updates.
- Updated reporting so that a failed job which previous displayed error variable rollbackOnFailure will now return "rollback" as its status.
- Resolution for conditions that could result in a stalled ShadowSnap service.
- Updates to display functionality for reporting of volume size.
- Update for when a specific volume fails all volumes fail out to allow for efficient rollback to be performed prior to a second backup attempt.