This article describes the requirements and process for using your own hard drive to perform a RoundTrip. For more background on the RoundTrip process, see the RoundTrip Overview article.
- Datto RoundTrip
- The hard disk drive must be large enough to store the amount of data that resides locally on the Datto device.
- The local device's dataset size displays on the Partner Portal under the home page.
- Any hard drive manufacturer or total size (as long as it meets the first prerequisite) is suitable.
- The hard drive must be blank.
- External hard drives require a USB 2.0 or above cable.
Datto suggests using Western Digital Caviar Black or Blue drives. They have an excellent track record for durability. The specific use of Western Digital drives is not a requirement.
Performing the RoundTrip Sync
To initiate the RoundTrip synchronization, do the following:
1. Connect the hard drive to the Datto appliance via USB 2.0.
2. Open the Web interface for the Datto appliance.
3. Click the Synchronize link at the top of the page.
Figure 1: Synchronize tab
If the drive meets the requirements, you will see a button to start the RoundTrip synchronization.
4. Click Perform USB RoundTrip Sync.
While the synchronization is in process, you will see its status on this page.
When the synchronization finishes, you will see Last RoundTrip Sync as well as Sync completed at time and date.
You are responsible for inbound shipping. We do not provide shipping labels for this purpose. Datto cannot accept any indirect deliveries through third-parties (Amazon, etc.) Datto will ship the drive back to you via UPS ground at no charge.
Please include the following information with each drive that you send:
- Company name
- Contact name
- Phone number
- Serial number of the Datto appliance
- Device name
- Return address
When packing the drive, be sure to use proper packaging. If the drive arrives damaged, Datto will not be able to use it. When applicable, Datto will use specially made packaging and boxes to ship the drive back to you. Feel free to reuse this packaging for future shipments of personal RoundTrips.
ATTN: Datto TierPoint
|Datto Canada RoundTrip Department
20 Pullman Court
Scarborough, ON M1X 1E4
250 Longwater Avenue
C/O Noris Network
AG Klausnerstraße 30
Datto RoundTrip Department
200 Bourke Rd. Sydney NSW 2015