This article discusses the error STC failure occurred mid transfer. - Final error (-50 The request is not supported.)
- ShadowSnap is trying to back up a volume that may not be actively recognized or supported
- Many times this happens when attempting to back up FAT32 partitions or older volume types. It can also occur if the volume is of the ReFS format
- Exclude the incompatible volume types, and attempt a backup again.
- Determine if ShadowProtect will exhibit the same error by performing a ShadowProtect backup against the same volume.
- If this fails as well, exclude the volume from backups. Then, attempt Windows Server Backups against these volumes.