This article goes over the possible cause and solutions to the following error: "Unexpected End of the Image File."
- ShadowSnap Agent
- The backup agent attempted to backup the target, but when writing to the sparse image file, it reached the end while expecting more data.
- The partitions of the device were recently increased in size, and the agent attempted to write beyond the scope of the sparse image.
- The disk image was interrupted mid-transfer.
- Make sure there is two-way communication between the protected machine and the Datto device on the device's Port 25566.
- Perform networking tests to ensure that a stable route is identified and present.
Figure 1: Volume-Level Backup Control
Figure 2: Warning Message