This article goes over the possible cause and solutions to the following error: Unexpected End of the Image File
- The backup agent attempted to backup the target, but when writing to the sparse image file, it reached the end while expecting more data.
- The partitions of the device were recently increased in size, and the agent attempted to write beyond the scope of the sparse image.
- The disk image was interrupted mid transfer.
- For network transfer errors, try setting Shared Compatibility Mode under Configure Agent Settings in the web interface of the device.
- Make sure there is two way communication between the protected machine and the Datto device on the device's Port 25566.
- Perform networking tests to ensure that a stable route is identified and present.
Figure 1 - Volume Level Backup Control
Figure 2 - Warning Message