While you are attempting to access the Remote Web link from the Datto Partner Portal, it times out as shown in Figure 1.
Figure 1 - Remote Web Timeout
- This occurs when the php-cgi process running on the Datto is unable to forward it's session outbound to Datto's monitoring servers.
- Timeouts also occur when a Remote Web console has been open and left idle for an extended period of time.
- Otherwise, the Datto device isn't checking in with Datto's monitoring servers.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot the problem:
Ensure that your firewall allows outbound TCP connections on ports 2200-2250 to the host dattoremote.com. Each time you use Remote Web, a random port from this range is chosen for your device to connect to.
If you can reach the device on your local network, type its IP address in a browser on the same LAN as the Datto appliance. Once you log in, you will see a link next to Last Checkin (Click to Force), as shown in Figure 2. Click that link to force a checkin.
Figure 2 - Force Checkin
- If the device does not check in, click the Configure tab. Then, click Networking. You will see the Networking Status and Connectivity Status, as shown in Figure 3. If anything in the list does not have a green check mark, find out why and correct the issue, if necessary.
Figure 3 - Networking and Connectivity
- Check the last-seen time on your device. Devices always check in every 10 minutes. If it's been longer, the device may be offline.
If you have physical access to the device, see if you can access the internet from the device. Plug in a keyboard and monitor, and try to access a website in the browser.