This article describes the process to recover multiple files or folders from a Datto appliance by using the File Restore option.
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto ALTO
- Datto NAS
File Restore for ReFS is currently unsupported. Any ReFS volumes in the selected snapshot will be excluded from the restore. To perform a file restore of an ReFS volume, use the Volume Restore feature.
1. To start a file restore, select Restore from the main menu at the top of the device GUI.
Figure 1: Restore
2. From the Restore from a Backup page, select the system that you would like to restore.
3. Select File Restore, and select the recovery point from which you would like to restore.
3. Click Start File Restore.
4. The File Recovery page will display. Click Mount.
5. The Samba Share and a link to access the file restore in a web browser will appear.
Accessing the restore in Windows via the Samba share
1. Paste the share address into any Windows Explorer address bar or Run prompt (shown in Figure 4).
Figure 4: Accessing the Samba share via the Windows Run prompt
Accessing the restore via the web share
1. Click the Access Web Share link, as shown in Figure 3 above.
2. From the File Recovery window:
- To download an entire volume, click the download icon next to the drive letter for the volume you wish to restore.
- To download individual files, click the drive letter link to the right of the folder icon to open its file directory. Then, click the download icon for the items you wish to restore.
- To download the entire recovery point, click the Download All button.
Figure 6: Web share options: download volume (A), Download individual files (B), Download all (C) (click to enlarge)
Cleaning up the restore
7. When you are finished with the file restore, close any active connections to the share. From the Restore tab of the Datto appliance, click Remove Restore.
Selecting Secure File Restore
For each agent protected on a Datto appliance, you can lock down the shares so that they are only accessible by those who have access to the Datto device.
You can change this setting on a per-agent basis in the Configure Agent Settings menu for each protected system.
Once you've enabled this option, whenever you access a file restore or a VMDK/VHD share for the agent, you will be prompted to enter the user credentials of an authorized local account.