This article describes the process for configuring alert, warning, and log digest emails on a Datto appliance.
- Datto SIRIS
- Datto ALTO
- Datto NAS
- Configuring agent alerts
- Critical alert types
- Disabling alerts
- Configuring iSCSI or NAS share alerts
Configuring agent alerts
1. Access the Datto appliance's GUI.
2. Click the Protect tab.
3. Find the agent you wish to configure.
4. Click the agent's Configure Agent Settings link.
5. Go to the Reporting & Alerting section and scroll to Email Notifications.
6. Select Add Email Recipient and then add your email (if needed). Otherwise, go to the next step.
7. Check the box under the category (Screenshot Notifications, Weekly Backup Reports, Backup Warnings, Critical Errors, and Log Digests,) for which you'd like notification.
8. Select Apply to set changes for the specific agent you are changing. Select Apply to All to set these changes for all agents on the device.
Critical alert types
- Screenshot Notifications
Toggle these options to enable email alerts for each successful screenshot, failed screenshot, or both.
- Weekly Backup Reports
This option sends a full report of all backups taken during the calendar week. Your Datto appliance will send this report every Sunday at midnight.
- Backup Warnings
This option sends a warning email each time a backup fails to complete. This warning does not necessarily signify an error, and backups may resume without intervention.
- Critical Errors
This option triggers an alert when a backup failure caused by a specific error occurs and is unlikely to resume without intervention.
- Log Digests
Selecting this option sends a report containing the last 500 log entries for the agent and, as a result, can be large.
To disable notifications for an email recipient, uncheck all configured notifications, and click Apply. The email address will drop into the Unconfigured category. Click the wastebasket icon to remove the recipient address entirely.
Configuring iSCSI or NAS share alerts
Access the Datto appliance's GUI.
1. Click the File Share tab
2. Click Network Attached Storage.
3. Find the share you wish to configure
4. Click Configure Share Settings for that agent.
5. Go to the Reporting & Alerting section
You'll see tiles to configure four different email alert types for your share:
- Growth Report
Receive an email report which summarizes the fluctuation of growth for your device's protected shares. This email will provide statistics that you can use to monitor the size of your shares in numeric and graphical formats. You can set this report to run daily (in hours), weekly, or monthly. Add multiple email addresses by separating them with commas.
- Critical Error Alerts
Send alerts regarding critical error states where local snapshots for this share are no longer occurring and unable/unlikely to resume. Add multiple email addresses by separating them with commas.
- Warning Notices
Send alerts regarding an error condition where a warning state has occurred. A single snapshot for this share may not have run, but future snapshots are likely to resume. Add multiple email addresses by separating them with commas.
- Log Digests
Send a midnight log digest of the last 24 hours of activity for this share. Note: These digests can be quite long and are very verbose. Your first digest email will arrive after the next logging event. Add multiple email addresses by separating them with commas.
Select Apply to set changes for the specific share you are changing. Select Apply to All to set these changes for all shares on the device. You can also send a test email by clicking SEND A TEST EMAIL.