This article discusses the process to set up alerts for your Datto Devices via the Remote Web. These alerts provide insight into a particular device’s agents, such as backup and screenshot errors.
Alerts dealing with hardware or account issues can be updated in the Partner Portal. To configure those alerts, see the article Configuring Alerts in the Partner Portal.
Local Device / Agent Alerts
This will allow you to receive device alerts for the following fields.
We recommend that you add multiple email addresses to each alert, especially for critical alerts. This ensures that, even if one person does not get the urgent message, there will be another as a failover.
To find the Alerts and Warning Notices settings, follow these steps:
- Open up the web interface for the Datto appliance.
- Click on the Protect tab.
- Find the agent that you wish to configure.
- Click Configure Agent or Share Settings for that agent.
- Go to the Reporting & Alerting section.
- To receive Critical Error Alerts and/or Warning Notices, fill in the email address field(s) on a per-alert basis, and click Apply (for this agent only) or Apply to All (for all agents on the device).
- If you would like to receive a test email, click the Send a Test Email button.
To add multiple email addresses to a field, simply separate the addresses with commas.
1. Recovery Point Screenshotting: Sends an email after a screenshot has been taken to your specified email account.
2. Screenshot Has Not Occurred Notification: This alert is triggered when a screenshot hasn't occurred for an agent in X amount of hours. This is a critical alert.
3. Weekly Backup Report: Sends an email every Sunday detailing how many recovery points are being used, how much space is being used, and a picture of the last screenshot taken for the agent. More information regarding this report can be found at Agent - Weekly Backup Report.
4. Critical Error Alerts: Sends alerts that could be critical to the state of your backups. Backup alerts are found in the Knowledge Base and the Datto Academy.
5. Warning Notices: These are alerts that may not be affecting backups but affect other operations on your Siris device.
6. Log Digests: Displays the contents of the ShadowSnap agent log. They are attached to an email sent at midnight.