Virtual machines hosted on a Datto SIRIS can sometimes experience a slow boot process. This article outlines the steps to address this issue.
- Datto SIRIS
Non-Microsoft services enabled in msconfig.
Some services that are known to cause slow boot times:
- Dell Server Management Tools
- HP Server Management Tools
- VMware Tools
Your device can also boot slowly if too many services are starting during the boot process.
1. Boot or reboot the virtual machine into Safe Mode (external link). The boot process starts very quickly. If you miss the boot screen, reboot the VM to and try again.
2. Once the virtual machine boots into Safe Mode, access msconfig by clicking Start → Run → msconfig.
3. Choose the Services tab, check the "Hide all Microsoft services" box, and then click the Disable all button.
4. Reboot the virtual machine. The machine should now boot into the virtual environment at normal speed with live networking enabled.
5. Re-enable ShadowProtect Service, StorageCraft Raw Agent, and StorageCraft Shadow Copy Provider so that the next backup can complete properly.