This article explains the cause and solution when a Windows virtual machine fails to start with the error code: 0xc0000225.
This error code is commonly seen when the host machine has difficulty with the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI).
- The machine is having difficulty with the virtualization storage controller driver.
- While rare to encounter, it is possible that the Virtual Box setting which enables ACPI was unchecked.
1. Attempt to change the virtualization storage controller from the local Remote Web - Advanced Options. For more information how to do so, please see the following knowledge base:
2. Connect through VNC into the local Datto device and ensure the setting: Enable IO APIC is selected.
3. If this error is still persisting, please contact Datto Technical Support for further assistance.