Datto encrypts the RoundTrip drives and requires that an API Key be used to make sure the RoundTrips (RTs) that are used are for the proper devices and Partners. Run these commands via terminal on the device where RT will be plugged into (either directly to the Node or a SyncStation). The sync process for RT 2.0 must be installed on said device.
- Contact Datto Technical Support to receive the partner specific API Key to install on the device that RTs will be plugged into.
- Login to the terminal of that device.
- Edit the syncstation.ini file
- Enter the API Key nect to 'auth_key = '
- Press CTRL + X
- Press ENTER twice to save the changes.